Friday, September 28, 2012


Letting Go of Fear
For so many years, I had an inner fear of doing new things. Change brought about a lot of unrest and panic for me. I don’t think that I am alone in this feeling. Many people are afraid of trying new things and of change. When we can’t see it, or haven’t experienced it, we become fearful. But the only way we grow and evolve is to embrace change and let go of our fear. I know this is easier said then done, but here are some easy steps to help you in letting go of that fear.
 Stay away from labeling yourself. You must be careful with your words. If you say, for example, “I am a fearful person” or “I can’t do this,” then you are setting yourself up for failure. That label then becomes part of you. It starts to control your every move and this is not good.  Labels are mean and don’t do anyone any good. So start changing your dialogue to yourself and say “I am excited to see what will happen next in my life.” Words are very powerful. Use them with care, love and caution.
 Be courageous and take steps to do something new in your life. Get a new hobby. Go skydiving. Step out of your comfort zone. Get a new habit. Be persistent and follow through. As we keep doing things in life, they become easier, forming good, new habits.
 I joined “Toastmasters” this past year, which is an organization that trains people to be public speakers. For my first few speeches, I was really fearful and scared. Now, even on my fifth speech, it’s gotten easier but I’m still a little nervous. But that is okay. I am human. Even the expert speakers told me that they still get nervous before speaking. I am in a whole new place, because I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried to do something new. I actually really enjoy it now. I have created a new direction for me. By doing this I have let go of the fear!
 Start to move your body. When you are fearful of something, get out and move. This is an instant cure. Take a walk or run and build your strength by building your muscles. Fear can be so physically debilitating, so defeat it. When you get stronger in your body, you will see great shifts in your mind and your actions.
 I was training to be the only sales woman for a men’s clothing company. I was a nervous wreck. The more I worked out in the morning, the more strength it gave me. I felt stronger and I was ready physically, mentally and spiritually when I walked through that door. I was prepared and the fear dissipated.
 Stretch yourself as a person. Turn the “I cant’s” to “I can!”
Start with a positive affirmation. Write it, say it and run on it! Believe in yourself and take the steps to grow and evolve. If we don’t grow we really shouldn’t be here. This is no perfect anything in life. Live in the present and find your inner strength, courage and will to be a better person. Let go of your blocks and your fears and live your inspired life. Step up and play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment