Wednesday, October 10, 2012


I’ll Be Happy When…
Haven’t you been a victim of the saying: “I’ll be happy when…” (fill in the blank)?
Well, I know that I have. Happiness is not a result of getting the when. When I lose 10 pounds,then I’ll be happy. Or perhaps when I get that promotion at work or when I meet the man of my dreams, then I will be happy. It’s bull-“you know what”. We all have a tendency to do that and it creates restrictions and reservations in our lives.
 Life is so much better when you have an open heart, being grateful for everything you have NOW. When you embrace all that you are- the good, the bad and the ugly- you feel better, you get to experience a happier existence, you meet very like-minded people and life just starts to make sense. Isn’t it time to get out of our own way, living your life with love in your heart just because? If you decide to live this way, I can almost guarantee the “fill in the blank(s)” will just run off the page with events and things that are even better than you imagined.
Over the weekend I went to see one of the greatest movies I have seen in a long time, and I strongly recommend you see it as well. It’s a French film called The Intouchables. It‘s based on a true story of two men and the relationship they form. One man is an uptight, Caucasian billionaire who is handicapped from the neck down. The other is a poor, Senegalese caretaker who’s full of life and unconventional. These men become best friends and companions in spite of their differences. They share in the joy and pain of each other’s lives, making us laugh and cry at the same time. The message you walk away with is: open your heart and let true love find its way in. Living in this way will make you appreciate everything as it is, instead of waiting for the “fill in the blank(s)” to make you happier.
 So start now and open your heart. See all the happiness you will find. It’s right there, so just be and let it shine through…

I am going to DANCE IN THE RAIN TODAY!!! LIFE IS NEVER PERFECT....MARRIAGES GET OLD, CHILDREN ARE UNHAPPY, RESENTMENTS BUILD AND LOYATY WAINS.....AND YET .......WE DON'T LET THEM STEAL OUT JOY TODAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment